[SEL] OT: Physics Help

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Thu Apr 7 05:47:52 PDT 2011

Don't forget the SEL bulletin board at:

http://www.atis.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?4-SEL-General-Stationary-Engine-Discussion-Forum

Great way to share multimedia, such as diagrams, scans of equations, etc.  I can set up an off-topic forum, but it isn't used much so for now it should be fine to just use this one.

Good luck Devin.

Personal note:   I _really_ struggled with calculus until I took physics.  Then calculus made sense because physics explained why it was useful.  Take a deep breath and remember:  we speak English - mother nature speaks math.  When she speaks of force and movement her dialect is algebra and trig, but when she explains how she changes, the dialect is calculus.  When that makes sense, physics will make sense.  It also explains why understanding math on an intuitive level is important and why young folks, who don't have a lot of math experience, struggle.

Spencer

PS:  Thanks again for all the help on the engine at Portland

Sent from my iPhone