[SEL] OT: Physics Help

William Young wmlyoung at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 6 19:29:22 PDT 2011

Paul, et al
(1) I suggest that this thread would be more appropriate off SEL discussion
list.  If you agree how can we  accomplish?
(2)  I did my twenty years and 15 minutes in high school math and physics
classes.  During that time I learned that I couldn't teach nobody nothin' -- if
he didn't want to learn.  I could, however, assist students who did want to
learn.
Good teacher? Bad teacher?  What meaning?  In high schools which allow students
to select their instructors,   Teacher A always has a full, overcrowded class
room. Teacher B always has many empty seats.  Which is the good teacher, A  or
B?  Before you decide, you might wish to get a few more details. ALL of B's
students passed the State Proficiency Tests; many ( most?) of A's did not.
   Teachers who can't teach?  Yes, sadly, the profession is full of us; we are
not allowed to do what is necessary to do to teach effectively.
 (3)  Again, I suggest that this thread is not what SEL is all about. Dave?
Arnie? Rob?  Lads  Down Under?  Can one of you computer literates set up a site
for this discussion to continue, if  there is a need?   Bill
wmlyoung at yahoo.com