[SEL] Wooden spray tank repair.

rdhaskell at juno.com rdhaskell at juno.com
Tue Sep 21 18:07:18 PDT 2010

Hi again Dave.
This is a spray rig at Cal Poly Pomona.  Originally used by Kellogg
himself.  Our club (WAPA) is volunteering to restore the rig with Novo
engine and triplex pump to working condition.  It will probably be pulled
around behind an old tractor spraying water, during special events.

Ron Haskell
rdhaskell at juno.com
Riverside, California USA
http://picasaweb.google.com/RonHaskell

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 16:21:25 -0700 David Rotigel <rotigel at me.com> writes:
> Hi Ron,
>         What are you using the tank for? What's the problem with a
> little bit
> of arsenic? Like DDT arsenic was used for years and did a VERY good
>
> job of doing what it was intended to do. If, on the other hand you
>
> intend to use the tank for drinking water I can see the problem.
>
> On Sep 21, 2010, at 11:51 AM, rdhaskell at juno.com wrote:
>
> > Hi all.
> > Anyone on the list ever replaced the wood on an old tank for a
> spray
> > rig?
> > This one is about 4' long, 3' wide and 3' deep.  Round on the
> bottom
> > and
> > held together with metal rods.  My question is about the long
> > boards  on
> > the sides, the remaining boards are not tongue and groove they
> just
> > butt
> > together and rely on the wood swelling up.  These boards have a
> slight
> > curve across their width, were them made that way or over the
> years of
> > being wet and clamped in place did they curve?
> > A lot of the original wood is there but saturated with arsenic and
> now
> > hazardous material and cannot be used.
> > Thanks for any suggestions.
> >
> > Ron Haskell