[SEL] Jones Oil Engine From Syracuse

James Mackessy jmackess at twcny.rr.com
Sat Oct 2 12:32:13 PDT 2010

There are a few hits in Google Books, the first is a short article in
"Tractor World" vol 1-2, pg37, Sept.1919, the second is an ad in "The Monroe
County Farm Bureau News", vol 4-5, pg 350 ( 1918). It states the engines
were made in 2,4,6, and 15 horsepower versions, and there's a nice picture
also. I plugged in "Jones Oil Engine Syracuse" to come up with these,
there's a lot more I didn't sort through. I live in Syracuse, but I've never
heard of Jones Oil Engine or Free St.. Need to research this one a little
more. You learn the most interesting things on this list!
Best Regards;
Jim Mackessy
Syracuse, New York