[SEL] Witte engines

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Sun Nov 28 09:39:07 PST 2010

Hi Tom,

This was one of those cost-saving innovations for which Witte was famous.  As you
mentioned, the "steel balance" was the familiar cast-in extra weight near the
flywheel rim.  The "farm balance" was a lump of sticky manure that the farmer
applied to the flywheel rim as needed.  I hope that helps...

See ya,  Arnie