[SEL] PVC air lines

Mark Shulaw frappi at wcoil.com
Mon Nov 1 22:20:51 PDT 2010

Yup is sure does say that. I never said the manufacturer recommended
it for compressed gases. The manufacturer never intended or rated it
for compressed gas so they have to say never for liability reasons.
But we have seen it done for years and I have put it in my own
shop.   Bill did express some concerns over cost. Sweat copper is
easy if you know how to sweat but expensive.  I think black pipe is
cheaper but involves a lot of cutting and threading, that for someone
who has not cut and threaded is a daunting task and has a good bit of
skill involved to do it without breaking something. Plastic is the
cheapest way I know to plumb a shop.  And if its laid out right it
works well and if its braced well around the outlets I have never
seen it fail.
  I seen a suggestion to run the main trunk line in plastic then
drops with black pipe. I've seen that done too and its a great
compromise idea and eliminates the hose tugging and bump
risk.                 TTYL,   Mark