[SEL] 8hp Blackstone

Russell Gilbert russell at ncable.com.au
Sun May 23 16:23:20 PDT 2010

G'day all, although a long time between drinks; I finally got my 8hp
blacky together yesturday. Well complete enough to fire it up. Had to
tinker with the governor for quite bit to have it settle down but it
runs. Was seized when I got it; but not the piston. Rather the side
shaft.  I bought it with both gears on the shaft smashed. This was
due to some dill trying to turn the engine over with the shaft
seized; it must have strong rocker arms as they didn't brake but the
gears instead!! Still plenty to do, has a wobble in the pully side
flywheel, still need to assemble fuel pump, cooling exhaust etc. Nice
big engine how ever; anyone have a spare cast blacksone badge?? the
one that goes on the barrel with the engine number on it? it's a
different size to the plash guard badge. Jerry not sure if this is your bag?
regards Russell