[SEL] Wow ! Quite a find.

Ralph Holt rehot at msn.com
Fri May 21 13:19:04 PDT 2010

Hi Frank and all SEL list members,

I have been a member here for a good while but this is my first post because I don't have any hit and miss engines to talk about but that doesn't stop me from loving them and from enjoying this group.

I do have a Fairbanks Morse rail road motorcar engine with a steam condenser, 2 stroke, 8-14 HP, 4 3/4" bore X 4 3/4" stroke with 24" flywheels that I'm trying to restore. What I'm going to do about the worn rod bearing has me stumped right now.

I know how much everyone here just loves a nice stinky 2 stroke engine. :)

On your question, I have some pictures of a water wheel grist mill in Norris, TN. that shows the gears and works and stuff. The gears and teeth are wood.

Would these pictures be of any help to you?

Ralph Holt

DeBary, FL.