[SEL] Wow ! Quite a find.

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Fri May 21 10:11:13 PDT 2010

At 06:00 PM 21/05/2010, you wrote:

>Message: 8
>Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 15:56:23 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Ron Frost <ron217_2000 at yahoo.com>
>Subject: Re: [SEL] Wow ! Quite a find.
>To: The SEL email discussion list <sel at lists.stationary-engine.com>
>
>Jerry, At the risk of sounding stupid, What is a roller mill's product?

Hi Ron,
         No, you do not sound stupid. I'm no expert on those machines
either but are they not beautiful?

         Basically a Roller Mill crushes and grinds wheat (and other grains
like corn) to make meal. I'm not too sure if stone or burr mills were then
used to get a finer meal (flour). The really old water wheel powered mills
had two counter rotating stone discs (wheels) which ground wheat into a
very fine smooth meal (flour).

         There are many guys on this list far more clued up than me on the
subject - how about a few explanations - it's not "Off Topic" if the whole
thing was powered by an internal combustion engine :-)

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
<www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm>