[SEL] Curt Stoecker

Rob Skinner rob at rustyiron.com
Wed May 19 07:58:00 PDT 2010

On May 19, 2010, at 4:57 AM, bill at antique-engines.com wrote:

> Well Craig must have a really good friend here or at Harry's or
> somewhere
> who was watching out for him because I got this last night.
> Seems someone was "watching" this list or some web site, and decided
> contact the sheriff's department who then contacted Curt, and told him
> what was being said...

What do you expect?  This weasel sued his wife's 75 year old uncle for
trespassing.  He's the kind of guy who will stop at nothing to screw
someone over, and now he has Craig's money and won't provide the
engine or respond to Craig's attempts to contact him.

If Craig was to ask you to act on his behalf and provide the
documentation showing that he bought the engine, you could contact the
sheriff yourself.  Explain how Craig is the victim of wire fraud, and
ask them to go have a talk with him.

It wouldn't hurt to remind the sheriff that this is the sort of guy
who sues a 75 year old uncle.  Use the facts to paint him as a bad
guy.  If that doesn't work, ask them for the procedure by which Craig
can call them on the phone and file a complaint.