[SEL] The McVickerish Engine and video

Judge Tommy Turner Lcjudge at scrtc.com
Tue Mar 23 12:50:48 PDT 2010

Jim,
	The McVickers were built in models some call "fully automatic"
and "semi automatic".  The one in the YouTube video is a semi automatic.
They had a valve chest on the side of the engine rather than the valve
underneath.  The fully automatic's are like the one Steve Royster has
(that he slipped out of my shed).  The ignitor is piston tripped on the
semi's.  Both miss under compression.  If you notice the one in the
video its very smooth and you really can't tell that its missing under
compression.  The secret to these engines running good is for them to
have great compression.  If they do, then they compress the charge and
then the compressed air/fuel acts as a force to push the piston back
out. The action/reaction is equalized.

Tommy Turner
Magnolia, KY