[SEL] Please help with identity

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 12:18:39 PDT 2010

On 21 March 2010 21:25, Steve Royster <steve_royster at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Peter, Can you tell us a little more about the museum in Eindhoven, I'd like to go there next trip to Neunen. Thanks Steve

Hi Steve:

It's a place that is on the site of an unused NATO logistics base, in
a place called Best,  near to Eindhoven, 15 minutes drive or so from
Nuenen.

They have a couple of C-47's, a LOT of wheeled and tracked stuff, plus
a very comprehensive collection of WWII radio equipment, all restored
and working, from the Allies, Germany, Russia etc.

 It has a very large restaurant out front with a Sherman tank sitting
in the trees.

I posted a lot of pictures of the radio stuff here:

http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel/Nuenen2009/Nuenen2009Menu7.htm
http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel/Nuenen2009/Nuenen2009Menu8.htm

The museum website is at:

http://www.wingsofliberation.nl/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1&lang=en

When we went there with Jan Helleman, the radio restorer, it was
closed because of the public holiday, but we will be seeing him this
year and can ask in advance about access if you are over for the show
again, or in future.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes