[SEL] Gade - was Lists are quiet

Best, George George_Best at adp.com
Fri Mar 12 08:30:18 PST 2010

Last night a built a fire in the stove in the workshop, then played around with the 3hp Gade.

Took awhile to find a charged battery so I could run it.  I use my old Makita cordless 9.6v batteries on my engines, but couldn't find a charged one.  Plus I have a fair number of the small 12v power backup batteries taken out of computer UPS units or phone system backups.  These small batteries are free but of questionable condition.  Luckily I did find one with a good charge.  Got to make a note to myself to recharge all my batteries before show season and get rid of the ones that no longer hold a charge.

Took a little playing around but got the Gade running and ran it enough to smoke up the shop and get good and stinky before going back to the house.  Kathy just loves it when I've been running engines and get that nice exhaust aroma in my hair and clothes!

It would be hard to rank my engines as to which are my most favorite to least favorite engines, but I would guess the Gade would need to be in my top five.

I really like the early style Gade with the cast iron fuel mixer and ignitor.  These are a nice heavy weight for their size engine and run really nice.

How many others on SEL have a Gade?  I know one of the Roysters has a 6hp one, but don't know if there are others.

George