[SEL] 7 HP Hercules Flywheel Wobble Fixed....

Keith Kinney kkinney at herculesengines.com
Sun Jun 27 20:25:40 PDT 2010

I have a 7 HP Hercules that had a badly bent crankshaft.  Both Flywheels wobbled about 1/2 inch and one flywheel had a crack in the hub.  I've been watching for a crankshaft and set of flywheels and a few months ago a set came up on Enginads.  They were in Conn. and am in Evansville, IN.  I was able to get them transported from Conn. to Coolspring show last weekend.  Yesterday dad and I took the time to switch them out.  One pleasant surprise is that the new flywheels are actually from a 7 HP Thermoil.  This means they are 1/2 inch wider than the original flywheels.  The added weight should make it a smooth runner.  Here is a link to the before and after video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk7z-hKIE_Y
Keith

Keith Kinney
kkinney at herculesengines.com