[SEL] Spam> New FM at Vista Ca.

Elden edurand at mchsi.com
Tue Jun 22 14:22:46 PDT 2010

Ron:

Now that's just the cutest l'il genset I done ever saw
....... 'Cept at the Paris, KY municipal generating plant.
The Paris plant has two of those (or are they inline 8
cylinder??), two 10 cylinder O.P. sets, two of the later
super/turbocharged O.P. sets and a smaller O.P. out of a
Navy tin can for station use.

All of the gensets run and the switchgear is all in place
and operational.  The Paris plant is kept ready for standby
use and it is a feature of the engine show there each year.
They have shuttle tours to the plant where they start-up one
of the S.P. sets and put it on line then take it off, shut
it down and start one of the O.P. sets and put it on line.
Nice show.

If I ever get back there for the show, I'm gonna take the
camcorder and make a record of the runs.

Take care - Elden
http://www.oldengine.org/members/durand