[SEL] 22 hp stover

Best, George George_Best at adp.com
Tue Jun 22 07:01:42 PDT 2010

Tom,

Finally got around last night to checking my 18hp Stover L.

The flywheels on mine are just over 4" wide and somewhere between 54" to 55" flywheels.

The piston is 8-3/4".  If yours has a 9" bore, I would guess it might be a 20hp or 22hp size.  I know they made 22hp, but not sure they made a 20hp one.

I know the tag is missing from your engine, but if you could get the serial number then Joe could tell you exactly what you have.

My engine has the serial number tag, but I also found the serial number stamped on the head.  It was stamped about the 1 o'clock position on the side of the head close to the head gasket.  Wasn't stamped real clearly, but it did match my serial tag.

George