[SEL] gas tank help/now Tractor back wheel tumbler.

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Sat Jun 19 10:13:58 PDT 2010

At 06:00 PM 19/06/2010, you wrote:
>Message: 4
>Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 17:54:15 -0400
>From: "Elden" <edurand at mchsi.com>
>Subject: Re: [SEL] gas tank help
>To: "The SEL email discussion list" <sel at lists.stationary-engine.com>
>
>Jerry:
>
> >From you, I consider that a supreme compliment!  Thanks!
>
>BTW, your plate with Homebrew Engine serial number 3 is now
>mounted on the McVickerish engine.
>
>Take care - Elden
>http://www.oldengine.org/members/durand

Hi Elden,
         Lest anyone thought I was joking, today I was cutting firewood and
lugging it on the carrier I built for my Massey Fergusson 35. I actually
examined the back hub and by taking off only 2 of the 8 nuts and fixing a
"universal mounting bracket" across them (then replacing the nuts)(or I
could fit longer wheel studs and have more fixing points) I could have a
tumbler with infinite possibilities . With the type of light work I do with
my tractor (no ploughing or really heavy traction work) this would work
perfectly. I've often thought of building a tumbler for gemstones and
suchlike. This could do the trick - even if I have to leave it attached for
a few months (I don't use the tractor often) - but hey, who's in a hurry?

         Nice to hear about the McVickerish, thanks, that means you only
have one plate left in stock. I look forward to your next order :-)

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
<www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm>