[SEL] New Club OT

Patrick Livingstone patrick.livingstone at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 02:49:32 PDT 2010

Most clubs seem to wax and wane. Some recover others do not. Some really
good clubs have faded away over the years and others have almost gone and
then made a remarkable recovery. A lot of engine rallies go through the same
thing.
There is always politics in a club and sadly people often forget it is a
hobby.
We are lucky that (at the moment) our club has enthusiastic members on both
the tractor and engine sides and all can see that the club needs the
engines, tractors, cars, trucks etc. to survive & thrive. If things change
we have sufficient numbers of engine guys around here to form our own club
but I cannot see that being needed for a long time.
I can rarely get to club meetings (as it can almost be guaranteed that I
will have to work on meeting nights) but I try and help out with our club
when I can.
Patrick