[SEL] Mt. Wilson Fairbanks Morse on TV - maybe

Larry Evans lfevans at pacbell.net
Fri Jun 18 17:10:51 PDT 2010

Hi......

In the middle of April this year Huell Howser spent a day at the Mt. Wilson
Observatory filming a one hour special for his "California's Gold" TV
series.  It will air on Public Television here in California according to
the following schedule:

KCET, Los Angeles
Sunday, June 20 at 7 pm & Saturday, June 26 at 7 pm KVIE, Sacramento
Thursday, July 1 at 8 pm KVPT, Fresno
Thursday, July 1 at 8 pm & Sunday, July 18 at 7 pm KVCR, San Bernadino
Thursday, July 1 at 8 pm

Even though most of the program will concentrate on the history of the big
telescopes he did spend about half an hour filming the line shaft machine
shop and my brother and I running the 1911 50 hp Fairbanks Morse type
RE.  Hopefully some of that footage made it past the editing process and
will be part of the program.

Larry

Larry Evans
MailTo:LFEVANS at pacbell.net