[SEL] applied finish for engine

Orrin B Iseminger obise at moscow.com
Wed Jun 16 09:50:25 PDT 2010

Jimmy, there are probably as many recipes as there are people using the
combination.  I take a few glugs of boiled linseed oil and thin it down
until it is very runny.  I estimate it is about 25 to 50-percent linseed
oil, probably the former.

I wipe it on with a lint-free rag, much like a person would do when cleaning
up their engine.  In our climate it takes about a week to set up firmly.

The linseed oil treatment brings life back to faded colors.  I heartily
recommend it, especially for un-restored engines.

Orrin

Orrin Iseminger
Colton, Washington, USA
http://users.moscow.com/oiseming/lc_ant_p/menu.htm