[SEL] I am still alive ;-)))

Peter Lowe plowe at exemail.com.au
Mon Jun 14 02:39:25 PDT 2010

Hi all
Just a quick note to say I am still alive and well, there have been quite a few OFF LIST post to me asking whether I had given up the hobby.

We moved house from 3 1/2 acres to town, our choice and less work for us as we get older. Kaye's dream is to open a B&B as the house we bought is a heritage house well over 100 years old. (Yes Helen, we know your house is older ;-)))
I am hoping to setup our private museum over the next twelve months. We have taken over my parents private Museum in Newcastle also.
My new workshop is progressing slowly, my Mill and Lathe should be running this week and I will get back into my R&V Vertical very soon.

Another reason for me being a little quieter, my Mum is now in a nursing home and that is hard to take, I have been back and forward to Newcastle every second weekend or so (5 1/2 hour drive) to keep an eye on my Dad and help him pack up a life time of collecting and moving into a two bedroom unit.

I also have been very busy on my R&V book and getting things ready for the R&V Expo at Mount Pleasant, Iowa in September.
I will have two days at Portland which I am very much looking forward to and coming to the dinner at the Back Forty as well. Portland holds a special memory from 1999 and I very much want to meet all you guys again.

I must admit though, the passion for old iron has waned a little, I have taken some of my Dad's Edison Phonographs and Gramophones and also his valve (tube) radios. I have tinkered with these over the years and my electrical/electronics back ground is helpful on the radios. I am enjoying this hobby as well. My Dad had hundreds or radios and many Edison Phonographs and Gramophones, most of which he has now sold or I have taken over.

So I am still here and read all the posts and usually comment OFF LIST where it is needed.

I also spend equal time on "The Talking Machine" and "Edison Phonograph" forums as well.

Take care guys.

Peter Lowe, Oz