[SEL] other hobbies

Dave Otto ddotto at cableone.net
Wed Jul 21 17:10:28 PDT 2010

Hi Tom

Yes it would be fun for you guys to get together; I'm sure you would have a
lot to talk about. Dad is a picky German (perfectionist) and his sticks and
canes reflect that. I will try to send you a couple of pictures of the ones
my family has. Mine is a cane and I put it to good use when I broke my foot
some years ago.

I'm not quite sure how he deals with the bark; I do know that he likes to
carefully work his way down through the layers and on certain types of wood
the bark is left mostly intact. He prefers Formby's Tung Oil for a finish
and they are usually glass smooth when finished.

Best regards,
Dave