[SEL] other hobbies

Dave Otto ddotto at cableone.net
Wed Jul 21 07:56:39 PDT 2010

Hi Tom

Nice work! My dad carves walking sticks and canes and has completed in the 4
to 5 hundred range. He is 85 now and it has been his primary hobby for quite
a few years now. He gives most of them away and keeps a log of the time
spent on each one and who he gave it to. In most cases he has a picture of
the new owner with his/her stick.

I was wondering what type of wood your sticks are made of? I seem to
remember dad doing some type of wood that was killed bay a vine wrapping
around it. It looks like yours my be something like this.

Dave

Dave Otto
Boise, Idaho