[SEL] OT - Lug Nuts

jbcast at charter.net jbcast at charter.net
Tue Jul 20 18:07:13 PDT 2010

-> A little oil or anti-seize isn't a bad idea when installing as it makes them easier to get your nuts off at a later date.  (worded for Dave's benefit)

It's policy in our shop to torque every wheel. We have a chart on the wall with specs. These are for dry threads, when oiled you have to reduce by at least 10% and watch what you're doing, they still may not want to torque up. Many of the new studs are coated or plated, no problem, but if they show any signs of rust they get oiled.
J.B. Castagnos