[SEL] Portland and stuff

Reg Ingold randmingold at hotkey.net.au
Wed Jul 14 00:04:53 PDT 2010

Today, being well caught up with shed stuff, and having Marg say, "In 4 weeks, you will be 'over there'"
Which hit home to me.
I went looking through back pics of trips, (along with  pics from Dolly, taken when her offspring were a LOT smaller than they are now!)
It was a lot of years ago, I made my first 'Engine Trip' to the USA and Portland was the 'Special place' where I met up with some of the best folk on this planet.
I also accept the fact that at 74, this may well be MY last foray to the USA. (Dont sigh with relief just yet! Ya never know!!)
So, thinking  back on the great times I had with you all, (Sadly, the 'end of the perch' has removed a lot of our original members),
I think we should aim to make this year's event, a 'Catch up with old mates' event. (I am aware that the internet allows us to keep in contact but, it aint the same as a personal hug and handshake.)
Ok, each and every one of you has some thinking and planning to do.
I, ME, will be there and will be looking out for old mates! I sure want to see as many as I can. The friendships formed has made my life so much better in all respects.
See ya mates.
Reg
Reg & Marg Ingold
Newcastle.NSW  Australia