[SEL] Update on The Homebrew Hvid

Elden edurand at mchsi.com
Sat Jul 3 15:12:19 PDT 2010

Gang:

Today, I finished converting The Homebrew Hvid engine back
to Hvid from the spark ignition naphtha fueled version I
tried.

I found that the Hvid didn't make enough power to run The
2009 Algore Edition Green Hybrid Hoyt-Clagwell and the clag
boogers from the exhaust got all over everything.  I
converted it to spark ignition but it was still a bit on the
wimpy side although it really ran sweet.

Because I now have The McVickerish Engine on the tractor,
I've made a cart ("trolley" for the Aussies and Brits out
there) and a radiator for display.  See my web page for the
story and photos.

Now, with The Homebrew Hvid, I can go to shows and really
stink up the area - just like the Maytag guys do.  Maybe I
can locate close to some Maytags and mingle my black smoke
with their white smoke and irritating sound to create a
REALLY annoying area.    :-)

Science is always working for you at Hoyt Clagwell &
Company.

Oops, didn't mean to offend the Maytag Motor guys and gals.

Take care - Elden
http://www.oldengine.org/members/durand