[SEL] Tod Engine Beer & Rusty Brew

Rob Skinner rob at rustyiron.com
Sat Jan 30 08:37:25 PST 2010

It appears that you might have discovered a new party spot for Tod
enthusiasts when they visit the engine.  And it looks like Rick has
already set up some kind of mutually beneficial agreement between
himself and the brewery–check the web page.  Honestly, though, I
seriously doubt that anyone can brew good beer east of the Rockies.
Don't feel badly about it, though, it's the result of tradition.

As you know, the best engines in the world were built here in
California.  In order to lure the best engineers, the best foundrymen,
and the best machinists, engine manufacturers were forced to establish
a brewing infrastructure based upon the world's finest hops, the most
skilled brewmasters, and the most sophisticated breweries, which all
produced the worlds best beer.  Now it's a tradition that has been
passed down from generation to generation of western brewers.

So, Arnie, how many gallons per week is the current fee for
experienced shills?

Rob Skinner
Antique Stationary Engines
La Habra, California