[SEL] Tips 'n Tricks

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Fri Feb 19 00:36:41 PST 2010

Hi everyone,
         I need help again :-)

         On our club website <www.vaaloldwheels.org.za> I have a section
called "Tips 'n Tricks". This is for any good ideas/ shortcuts/workarounds
and the like.

         This is supposed to be supported by club members but they seem to
be a pretty useless lot when it comes to contributing to the web pages and
the only "Tip" up there so far is my "Gib Key Puller"
<www.oldengine.org/members/evans/gibpull/index.htm>

         Now, seeing as that these lists are made up of the greatest engine
people in the world (unashamed flattery/bribery but true) I'm appealing to
you to members to help me fill the page.

         A new thread with the above subject line should do it and make
some interesting reading for other members as well.

         I'm looking for ideas as simple a using a hose clip as a ring
compressor (I'll put this one up -it came from a SEL discussion last year
and a few guys mentioned it but Arnie was the first so he'll get the credit
:-)).

         Also articles published on your pages like Robs Wico Testing bench
<http://www.rustyiron.com/engines/WICO/index.html> (Rob, can i have your
permission?)- or Reg's excellent "gear cutting" method
<http://www.oldengine.org/members/randmingold/models/gearcutting/> (Reg,
permission please?)In cases like this I will not repeat the article - just
a link to your page.

         Full credit and links where applicable will be given on the page.

Thanks all of you, I hope to see this grow into a "BIG" thread.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
<www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm>