[SEL] O.T. Hit Counter

Elden DuRand edurand at mchsi.com
Sat Feb 6 08:08:01 PST 2010

Gang:

Yesterday, to my disgust, my "Free" hit counter reset itself back by about 15,000 hits and wouldn't let me correct it.  Short story, I deleted it.

Now, I'd like some kind of counter that I can use.  The free one required visiting their site to download the new number and I've always been a bit nervous about that little feature because of security and load time issues.

Does anyone have a source of code or a simple (cheap!) little routine I can add to my web page to keep hits "in the family"?  I use hit count to make sure the site is worth the effort.  Without a counter, I have no idea at all if anyone uses the site.

Thanks!

Take care - Elden
http://www.oldengine.org/members/durand