[SEL] SEL Digest, Vol 81, Issue 12

Peter Lowe plowe at exemail.com.au
Thu Dec 23 04:59:38 PST 2010

Good to see our little Aussie battler ($$$) worth more than that Yankee
greenback.

It is looking good for us Aussies to bring some good American iron over
here. The exchange rate is nice at the moment.
Maybe Samuel would like a nice Mustang :)

On 21/12/10 12:03 PM, "Rob Skinner" <rob at rustyiron.com> wrote:

> On Dec 20, 2010, at 2:28 AM, Patrick Livingstone wrote:
>> If I believed all I read on the list (and other forums) I would think
>> that
>> most US shows consisted of rows of motorhomes with the odd maytag sitting
>> in
>> front of them and I would be in danger of being run of by but-buggies
>> driven
>> by kids who are too lazy to walk.
>

> Well, Patrick.  That pretty much describes every American engine show.
> But
> you forgot to mention nearly getting trampled by the hordes of Australians
> and
> Englishmen flashing thick wads of cheap dollars and looking to pillage our
> priceless industrial heritage (not to mention our dwindling supply of
> muscle
> cars).
>
> Shouldn't you be changing diapers or something?
> :-)

Patrick M Livingstone
Leichhardt NSW
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/Index.html