[SEL] My first Youtube Video

Alan rustaholic777 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 12 15:54:09 PST 2010

After I made that video I did some google patent searching and I found this sheller wasn't made very long.
What happened is there were three different companies in York, Pennsylvania making simular shellers.
None of them used the roller bearings that mine has and they were all geared much the same but they were all different than mine.
By 1892 they were making shellers that still had the roller bearings but they were geared like the York ones and it apears like after that date they were all using parts from one company.
The one that was set up next to mine was one of those York ones.
It was a Hench & Dromgold. Patent number 239552
With no corn in them we flipped the belts off and mine took twice as long to coast down to a stop.
One of the Mountville numbers is 472181.

Alan