[SEL] Trailer Brakes - Question...Lucus

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 13:03:09 PST 2010

On 6 December 2010 20:24,  <MaytagTwin at aol.com> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Lucas certainly earned disrespect here in the  U.S.  I think their crowning
> moment was the TR6 which gained a reputation  for catching fire while
> sitting parked in the driveway, compliments of Lucas  electrical.  Whether or not
> they were responsible, they did get the  blame.
> Regards,
> Ron Carroll

There's worse than that if you look around, but generally I think they
were unfairly singled out.

If you want an interesting read, try and get hold of the Lucas
history, it's in 2 volumes, green hardbacks, and really worth the
money:

"Lucas, The First Hundred Years', Harold Nockolds, published by David
& Charles Ltd., 1976. ISBN 0 7153 7306 4,

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com