[SEL] Trailer brakes - question

Bruce Younger sluggo54 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 6 11:40:59 PST 2010

"Electric brakes are not approved in the EC, we have already looked
into that one."

Those mechanical brakes, outlawed for years in the Colonies, should be ok.
I mean, the earth is flat...   The Oz electric discs would be da bomb, but they are out, too.
We haven't seen mechanically-linked brakes since the Ford Model A.  Seriously, I cannot
conceive of a system more likely to NOT work than what you must contrive.  This is a long
way of saying "dunno how much help we on the other side of pond can be, given we have no
experience with such kit".

What would be on a new, factory built trailer of similar specification?  Can that system
be purchased as a kit?

Bruce Younger

05G HHC 313 RR Bn 3/67-4/68

Madison, SD

sluggo54 at hotmail.com

"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man and those that have hunted
armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."

E. Hemingway