[SEL] Trailer Brakes - Question

bill at antique-engines.com bill at antique-engines.com
Mon Dec 6 06:07:56 PST 2010

No kidding - what's up with no electric brakes? Why?
I bought a new trailer this past spring - smartest thing I did - sell my
old one with NO brakes and get one with brakes on both axles.
I found it a DREAM to pull, and the brakes saved my bacon once already.
I got a 20 footer for less than the price of a new 18 footer because it
was "last years model"

It's a bit far forward on this picture (should be back a few inches IMO),
but my neighbor loaded it up for me since at that time, my bicep tendon
wasn't connected to the bone yet....

http://theamcpages.com/images/javelin/jav-on-trailer-030.jpg

My F20 will JUST fit (it's wide), the fenders pop off in minutes, of
course the current battery backup for the electric brakes and all.
I've made sides so I can load up engines and strap 'em in, and with it
lower to the ground, loading them will be much easier than my
bed-over-wheels trailer was.

Bill