[SEL] Misc Portland Stuff

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Sun Aug 15 02:20:27 PDT 2010

First a quick question:

I want to put some oil in the cylinder before I head down the road so the road trip can work some oil around.    Can I just add via the spring loaded intake baffle??   About a half a cup?

>Happy to see on the list......haven't seen you on here for some
>time........I agree with the guy who said take it easy !!

I'm around and rumors of my death are premature.   Just "life stuff" keeps me from having any free time whatsoever.   The folks at Portland will hear the story around the Dotson fire ring I'm sure.

> Question: do you have any more brass key chains?

As for the key chains and money clips - I'll bring what I have to
Portland and save you some but I have very little left.  In fact, if
memory serves, I think I may be out of key chains and only have money
clips.  I haven't dug them out of the attic yet so I am not sure.

>Spencer--Look At This!
>> welkriz has uploaded one or more ads to a category you subscribe to.
>>
>> Title: For Sale 25 hp BALL ENGINE

Yikes!   For $4500 I'll sell him mine  (-:  Would be cool to take a side
trip maybe though.....  His is a "new" engine, as he has a mag.   These
new fangled engine that show up at these shows - sheesh!

>What kind of gasket material do you need? Head? Water? How big?

You sent me some gasket material; exhaust I think.  I plan to not have to open up the head, so just water material.  I also need a chimney.  Not sure of the original size here, but the base looks real similar in size to the Bessemers of similar HP.  The hot tube itself was OK I think we decided.

I will be at the dinner!

Spencer