[SEL] Non-detergent Oil--The Rest Of The Story

gastzt at aol.com gastzt at aol.com
Tue Aug 10 05:56:06 PDT 2010

Elden-
     Your opinion is a very good one----my  dad and my uncle both had one
of the hit-miss!   They used them on the  water-well pumpjacks--(which I did
acquire---)---    Both  were  Stovers----     they would yank the head  off,
 remove the piston assembly and really clean it up good,  then  stuff it
back together (same rings etc)---,   adjust the  rod-shims,  then let 'er rip
for another maybe 2 years or so!  My dad  ran his (4hp)  rather slow,  but
my uncle (his brother),  ran the  crap out of his-----HIGH RPM's----I need to
re-do the babbits on that  one---ha!   It is a 5hp----but luckey for me, I
ended up with all of  it,  pumpjacks and all----sure is fun stuff!   Guess
it don't  hurt to clean them up now and then!
  Take care all---
  Stan Zettner
 Pleasanton, Tx
                           ps:   I use synthetic when I can---sure works
great!  Only thing  is the $$----yuk!