[SEL] Non-detergent Oil--The Rest Of The Story

Mark Shulaw frappi at wcoil.com
Mon Aug 9 17:31:11 PDT 2010

I would tend to think that if non detergent oil is the problem it
might really boil down to a particular brand from a particular
refiner. Not all refiners crack from the same crude stock. So there
may be characteristics from that which come into play. A paraffin
based crude is generally accepted as being a crude that produces the
best lubricants. But another 30W ND could be made from a
Asphaltic-Base crude.   And too refiners are not all the same.
Mark

At 07:07 PM 8/9/2010, you wrote:

>A Galloway engine doesn't like non-detergent oil??  I'll be the first to
>admit my elevator doesn't go to the top floor..but didn't detergent come a
>little later?
>
>RickinMt.

Mark Shulaw
454 County Road 33
Bluffton, OH. 45817
USA

Frappi at wcoil.com / 419.358.5206  Home / 419.516.2996 Ver. Cell.
Hobby Collector and Dealer in Maytag Multi-Motor Engine parts.
VISIT the Maytag Collectors Club at  www.Maytagclub.com