[SEL] Non-detergent Oil--The Rest Of The Story

Patrick Livingstone patrick.livingstone at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 15:09:28 PDT 2010

Hi Dave,
Interesting problem. I run the big R&V on non-detergent oil with no problems
in fact it is better than when I used to use detergent oil in it. Once it is
warmed up it consistently gets 42 revolutions between firing.
At one show I was asked 'what is that noise it makes every now and then?' I
said that it was the engine firing.
Back to oils; when I had the Austral at the Royal Easter Show someone put
some cheap detergent oil in it. The next morning it was seized solid. I had
to climb on the spokes to get the piston to move. Not happy.
Patrick

Patrick M Livingstone
Leichhardt NSW
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/Index.html