[SEL] Non-detergent Oil--The Rest Of The Story

David Rotigel rotigel at me.com
Mon Aug 9 10:47:16 PDT 2010

The piston and cylinder have both been cleaned well, and the piston
has been reinstalled. Detergent oil has been put in the oiler and
everything has been well oiled. The Galloway started the first time
over and went 34 revs before hitting a second time. It's been running
for about an hour now and has settled into a civilized 50 revs between
hits!  I'll not know conclusively if the non-detergent oil was the
problem until the fall of 2013, but at this point that would seem to
be the case! (I'm applying for a federal grant to study the situation!)
	Dave
PS, Life is GOOD
PPS, Life is even better at 40-plus revs between hits!