[SEL] Travel time to engine shows USA

Al Kamminga alkamminga at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 24 08:27:47 PDT 2010

My GPS route indicates the trip from Mt Pleasant to Portland is 421 miles and takes 7 hours 23 minutes using the fastest route. I always use just a bit under the speed limit to calculate the time. With fuel stops, road construction, slow traffic, and potty breaks I can usually make the estimate or beat it by a few minutes. Driving 5 mph over the speed limit might save 20 minutes or so and will usually not attract berries and cherries (red and blue lights). The interstate speed limit is 65 in Illinois, 70 in Indiana and Iowa. All other roads are 55 mph. I have noticed in Indiana the last month they have been stopping many more speeders. I think with the economy being down, this is a way to increase revenue for states and cities that are loosing income tax revenue. Just my opinion.

Al in Indiana