[SEL] Totally "Off Topic" question.

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Thu Apr 22 15:45:17 PDT 2010

Elden DuRand wrote:
> Bob:
>
> Mine was caused by about a zillion shots from, of all things, a .22
> target rifle.  I fired on an NRA rifle team while in high school.
> The tinnitus didn't show up for about 20 years.
>
> Take care - Elden http://www.oldengine.org/members/durand

Not sure what is the problem with mine. Currently it still seems to fade
in/out. The doc isn't real concerned about it yet. He is more concerned
with how much money he can get from referrals to other doctors for my
other problems. Although he is a bit miffed that my blood tests showed
normal cholesterol! One less prescription to get paid for!

Reading about it online it seems that there really isn't one cause for
it and that each type is a little different.
Some are nerve related at the ear while others are related to the brain
itself. Too much aspirin can cause it as well as most other NSAID drugs.
As can a myriad of other conditions like high blood pressure, infections
and external things like loud noises, repetitive sounds and many other
things.

--
Steve W.
(\___/)