[SEL] Totally "Off Topic" question.

Jim Kirkes jd.kirkes at verizon.net
Thu Apr 22 13:35:33 PDT 2010

Once upon a time I was in the army going through  basic.
One of the things we did was fire a
30 cal. machine gun.  The procedure was to split us into
groups of two, one fired the gun the other looked into his
eyes to see if he was flinching.  This looking into was done
by laying prone in the front of the gun with your legs
spread out and out of the field of fire.  Your head was only
about a foot from the muzzle when firing.  My ears rang for
two weeks after this.  We did not wear any hearing
protection as that was considered wimpy.  I think this is
partly the cause of being somewhat deaf today as I have very
little high freq hearing left.

Jim

Jim and Diane Kirkes
jd.kirkes at verizon.net