[SEL] Bringing Iron Back From Canada

Mark Shulaw frappi at wcoil.com
Mon Apr 19 11:31:47 PDT 2010

If it was made in the US and has a name tag on it to prove it easily
on the spot you should not have any trouble bringing it back.  And if
you paid sales tax at the sale don't forget to file for your
refund.  What kinda tractor you after? Knowing that will help to
determine what troubles you may have if any.  If its foreign built
and they realize that the US border guys might cause some trouble. It
really depends on who your border agent is that you get and what they
know or realize and if they got laid that night or not.  So many
variables.      Mark

At 02:02 PM 4/19/2010, you wrote:
>Hi,
>I am planning on going to an auction in Saskatchewan in July to try
>to buy a tractor or two. I have not been up that way for a while and
>am wondering if any of you have had any recent experience bringing
>big ticket items back from Canada and what those experiences are.
>Specifically, I am wondering about customs clearing at the boarder
>and what, if any, duty they charged.
>Thanks,
>Joe
>
>Joe Prindle
>Baraboo, WI USA
>"All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
>Spike Milligan

Mark Shulaw
454 County Road 33
Bluffton, OH. 45817
USA

Frappi at wcoil.com / 419.358.5206  Home / 419.516.2996 Ver. Cell.
Hobby Collector and Dealer in Maytag Multi-Motor Engine parts.
VISIT the Maytag Collectors Club at  www.Maytagclub.com