[SEL] Calibrating the Lister Injector.

Elden DuRand edurand at mchsi.com
Sun Sep 27 08:09:06 PDT 2009

Jerry:

VERY interesting!  As a side note, I have a friend up North who once, in a fit of foolishness, decided to work on a General Motors 5.9 liter Diesel.  This was the engine that was notorious for breaking internal parts.

One of the things he did was to collect a lot of the non-adjustable injectors and sort them according to cracking pressure.  He didn't have one of those fancy rigs so he just used a pump grease gun filled with Diesel fuel and a hydraulic pressure gauge.  He said it worked fine!

It wasn't much later that he abandoned the idea that the GM 5.9 was a good engine.

Take care - Elden
http://www.oldengine.org/members/durand

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans