[SEL] Another Fero Air Pump Followed Me Home

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Sat Sep 26 13:16:22 PDT 2009

Hi Folks,

A few weeks ago I had an email from a bloke who was looking for info on Fero air
compressors and ran across my website.
http://www.oldengine.org/members/arnie/fero.htm

It turns out his father had died and the son was in the process of cleaning out the
garage and wanted to sell the compressor.  Pictures were looked at, a price was
agreed on and pickup was arranged for this morning.  Here's a pic of the compressor
as found...

http://www.oldengine.org/members/arnie/Fero_Air_Pump/Fero_Air_Pump.jpg

The best part is the house with the compressor was less than five miles from where I
live!  The father had purchased it from a former Gulf gasoline station that was
going out of business.  My wife even knew his mother from time they spent in PTA
together.  Small world 'eh?

The compressor condition is amazing; original finish, original decal, it looks like
all the external parts are there and it appears to have good compression.  The motor
is a modern Dayton replacement.

Now if it will just quit chucking down rain I can get the trailer unloaded!

I'm a VERY happy camper.

See ya,  Arnie

Arnie Fero
Pittsburgh, PA