[SEL] Need FM Dishpan engine advice

paulmaples at sbcglobal.net paulmaples at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 14 11:39:14 PDT 2009

Folks a stranger whom I have never met sent me an e-mail today and told me he has one of the old Fairbanks Morse dishpan engines and it will not run. He said it ran about three months ago but will not run now. I suggested he make sure he was getting fire at the plug and if he was to check for stuck check valve on the mixer pickup.

He wrote back that he knew it was getting gas so it must be the fire that is the problem. He tells me it has an old Model-T coil as part of the ignition system.

I don't know who he is or what the engine looks like but I would appreciate any help and advice you folks me want to give me so I can ass it on to him. Meanwhile I am going to try and see if he is a local.

Paul