[SEL] Flea Market Policy

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Tue Sep 8 10:55:29 PDT 2009

At 06:00 PM 08/09/2009, you wrote:
>Message: 6
>Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 08:30:54 +1000
>From: "Kerry" <ozengine at optusnet.com.au>
>Subject: Re: [SEL] Flea Market Policy
>
>G'Day Jim
><Big snip>

>THANKFULLY no rally in Oz allow vehicle parking in the engine area.
>Kerry

Hi Kerry,
         Same here - we have our engines "parked" all round the edges of
our display area with a big open space in the middle. This is to allow guys
to drive in and offload without difficulty but then they have to move out
to allow the next guy access to offload, this area is usually big enough
(at our club show at least) to allow 4 or 5 vehicles to offload at the same
time without difficulty. Also, our area does not have to be fenced off -
yet, and is very "informally" laid out - no lines, lanes or fences. We do
have a "road" all around the display area and are allowed to park next to
our engines on this "road". (Heck, all the tools, toolboxes and, most
importantly, beer are in the truck - they've gotta be nearby).
         In spite of signs saying "Engines Only" we always have some smart
arse people trying to take a chance and they drive into the offloading area
and try to park - they are usually told, in no uncertain terms, where to
go. We had a 1 problem last year which was only sorted out when a large
"oil spitting" engine was dragged almost against his fancy car and started
- he soon got the message when he saw the oil spots on his car. It may have
been quite drastic but there are always people who only understand that
kind of demonstration. He probably never came to the show this year but we
would rather do without his kind (and very minimal entrance fee).
         I'll have pics up of our show (this last weekend) within the next
24 hours and will post to the lists then.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
<www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm>