[SEL] Rusty Iron Rally

Patrick Livingstone patrick.livingstone at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 15:30:19 PDT 2009

Home and starting to recover from a big weekend. We left home on Friday
morning and were in Macksville in 6 hours which was not too bad given all
the road work on the highway and the general poor condition of the road (I
think I lost my kidneys at one point).
The YC Stover was soon on the ground and covered for the night. The Mid
North Coast Club put on an excellent dinner on Friday night in their club
shed with plenty of food and the large number of people were fed quickly.
The Saturday night dinner was at a new venue and it was very good. Plenty of
good quality food served quickly (I went back for seconds but could not fit
thirds and dessert). The 'official' part of the evening was over quickly and
we were back at our Motel by 9pm.
Saturday the Stover started first pull and ran for 6.5 hours without missing
a beat. Sunday it also started first pull and ran until it used up all its
fuel (about 1230) which was perfect timing as that was my shut down time to
load for the trip home.
The weather was perfect all weekend which resulted in a big turnout of
exhibitors and a huge crowd through the gate. There were lots of very nice
engines both beautifully restored and in their 'working clothes'.
Another great Rusty Iron Rally so now I can hardly wait until next year and
our own rally at Clarendon in two weeks!

Patrick M Livingstone
Leichhardt NSW
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/Index.html