[SEL] Our annual show.

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Fri Sep 4 15:06:43 PDT 2009

Hi everyone,
         11:45 pm here.
         I'm all loaded and ready to go at 7:00am tomorrow. Only taking 4
engines this time - that's what fits onto my pickup.
         The club would like more but they do not understand how much work
is necessary to take engines to a show. Not only the preparation, cleaning
and loading, but also the attention needed at the show.
         Our club is actually a "car club" and us engine guys just tag
along. Unfortunately, when it comes to our show everyone says - "hey Engine
guys" lets break the record this year. Most of them take 1 car to the show
- that's great - spend a week cleaning it - get to the show and park it -
then enjoy the show!!!
         They do not seem to realise how much work is involved in
preparing, loading and transporting stationary engines. We need to spend a
lot more time preparing our engines, then loading them and getting them to
the venue. Unlike the "car guys" who just park their cars and then wander
off and enjoy the rest of the show, us engine guys have to be in constant
attendance to our engines.
         Do you stationary engine collectors have the same problems??

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
<www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm>