[SEL] CAST IRON WELDING

S. Work swork at endacomm.com
Tue Sep 1 20:08:49 PDT 2009

We always used Nickel rods for AC/DC Arc welding of cast of farm equipment.
The rods glow like cherry's while welding, and as someone else mentioned
"Flow like hot butter" Granted, This was nearly 30 years ago to as recent as
10 years ago. ( I left the farm back in '98) To my knowledge not one of the
repairs has failed in that timespan.
 As far as the equipment, We had a Lincoln 225 AC/DC and a Lincoln Portable
of similar size Both worked MUCH Better than the MIG for cast (Even with
specified Wire/Gas combination) And required no special prep or cooling
methods beying the normal V-Grooving of the break.

 Best of luck !

  Steve.